Flavrs Copyright Policy

Flavrs respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect people on Flavrs to do the same. It’s our policy in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion—to disable or terminate the accounts of people who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing copyrights or other intellectual property rights.

In keeping with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which you can read at the US Copyright Office website, we’ll respond quickly to claims of copyright infringement on Flavrs that are reported to our designated copyright agent, identified below.

If you’re a copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of one, you can report alleged copyright infringements on Flavrs by completing the DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and sending it to our designated copyright agent.

When we get your DMCA notice, we’ll take whatever action we think is appropriate, which may include removing the reported content from Flavrs.

If we remove content in response to a DMCA notice, we may notify the person who saved it on Flavrs so they have the opportunity to send a counter-notice. We may also send a complete copy of the notice to others, as appropriate.

Submit a copyright complaint

To submit a DMCA notice, please send the following information to our designated copyright agent:

  1. Identify the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed. If you’re reporting multiple copyrighted works, you can provide a representative list of those copyrighted works.
  2. Identify the content on Flavrs you claim to be infringing your rights, including the information we need to help us find it, like the URL to the page on Flavrs.
  3. Provide your mailing address, phone number and email address.
  4. Include both of these statements in the body of your notice:
    "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (for example, as a fair use)."
    "I hereby state that the information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I’m the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that’s allegedly infringed."
  5. Include your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature (for example, by typing your full name).

Send your completed DMCA notice to:

Flavrs Copyright Agent
2 Embarcadero Center 8th Floor
San Francisco CA, 94110

or by email at copyright@flavrs.com
Note: This email address should only be used for copyright complaints.

What if I get a copyright complaint (DMCA) notification?

If you’ve gotten a notification that some of your content has been removed for a copyright complaint, it means the content owner asked us to remove it. If you want us to forward the information from the copyright complaint notification, just email us at copyright@flavrs.com to let us know (we may remove some personal contact information).

If your account gets too many copyright complaints, you could lose the ability to import recipes on Flavrs, or we may disable your account altogether.

If you think we made a mistake removing your content, you can file a counter-notice. When we get a valid counter-notice, we’ll remove the complaint from your account's record.

Note: There are legal and financial consequences for fraudulent or bad faith counter-notices. Before submitting a counter-notice, make sure you have a good faith belief that we removed the content in error, and that you understand the repercussions of submitting a false claim.

How to file a counter-notice

If your content is removed as the result of a copyright takedown notice, you’ll receive instructions about how to file a counter-notice in the email notification we send you. Please note that you should only submit a counter-notice if you believe that the content was removed because of a mistake or misidentification.

When we receive a valid counter-notice, we’ll remove the complaint from your account’s record. If you asked us to reinstate the content that was removed, we will forward your counter-notice to the party that reported that content. The information they receive will include your contact information, which they may use to contact you directly.

If we provide your counter-notice to the party that reported the content, and they do not notify us that they have filed a court action seeking an order to keep the content down, we will reinstate the content. This process can take up to 14 business days.